Sunday, July 8, 2012

The start of telepathy after 6 and a half months of marriage.

It is said that after years and years of marriage, the communication between partners could almost be completely non-verbal. She looks over at him and he just gets up and does the circus dance he knows she's dying to see. Or he looks over at her and she gets up and gets a butter knife to file his toenails because she knows how much he loves it.

So Al and I have been married for just over 6 months and well, we can't claim to be at that stage yet. Primarily because he just doesn't enjoy dancing and likes to cut his own toenails but also because, well, those things need to be earned. We are at the "babe..." followed by "Yes, I'll make coffee now" stage. It's a great stage to be at. You never have to actually say "Are you making coffee?" or "Will you make coffee, please?" It saves time and energy and vocal chords.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Audrey! Long time no hear! Do you still remember me? ;) Tried to message you over facebook but can't even tell if we are still friends or not,lol. Hope u are doing well! Love the blog!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo!! Yes, of course I remember you! :) My FB profile is very quiet and I went through a deleting everyone who was a connection to Koos phase. Sorry, it wasn't aimed at you and I probably should've explained. Anyway, now that's all fine and stuff :) I tried to find you on FB again now and can't :( I'd love to catch up and find out what you've been up to. Do you have email?

    ReplyDelete