Monday, June 20, 2011

Wedding nightmares

Are nightmares about things going dismally wrong at your wedding normal? I had the worst dream last night!! Oh my word! I have to share it but I first have to give you some background info on the person in my dream:

My mom grew up on a farm and some of the neighbouring farmy-people were a bit, um, well, they were backward. I mean, they had like serious mental problems.
Anyway, so this batty old lady really liked my gran and so my gran was always nice to her and her kids and her youngest kid, who is about 75 now, attached himself to my uncle. He visited my mom and my aunt and my gran now and then too. I shall call him Bob. We called him Uncle Bob out of respect (HA!)

Anyway, so one day, my older cousin, um, I'll call her Betty, turned 16 and Uncle Bob decided that Betty was a dish and so he went to visit her and brought her a present in the form of a portable radio. Betty was like "Cool! Gee, thanks, Uncle Bob!" and we all just thought that he was just a nice, dilly old man. O.k, ja, he ate his own cows with names, etc but he was backward and weird so it was ok. But Uncle Bob had not so innocent intentions, he had the hots for Betty and soon my aunt told his to um, well, to f. off.

Years later, my sister, who was very hot, turned 16 and so guess who came around with a portable radio? Uncle Bob!! So, my mom laughed at him at first until she realised how serious he was. She also then told him to um, to f. off. Disgusting creepy man!

Anyway, so in my dream, my sister decided to get involved in the wedding planning and cancelled our DJ behind our backs and hired UNCLE BOB! He pitched up with one of his portable radios and played some weird old Afrikaans Boere-orkes (very old-school traditional Afrikaans music played with an accordion and banjo) type of music for me to walk down the aisle to as well as for the entire reception! My sister threw all the flowers out and well, ja, it was just awful!! :D

There was some vague something about the bridesmaids being tied up and hidden away too but the details are a little fuzzy.

I am not one of those people who expect the day to be absolutely perfect but going smoothly is always good. At least I can rest assured that nothing that bad would ever happen and I shall think of this dream should any minor glitches stress me out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment