Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspirational moments???

My boss passed away yesterday. It was a very sombre day at work today. The mood was contagious and we all left for home on a rather low note.

Generally, when people you know die, even people you didn't know that well, it gets you thinking.
Well, it got me thinking. You know, about stuff. Stuff like fighting with your family for insanely stupid things or not following your dream or passion because it's too hard or it doesn't pay well or the circumstances aren't quite ideal.

I suddenly grabbed my phone and typed an sms saying "Somebody loves you!" and sent it to a few of my friends. I'm not sure if it was the strawberries, the slab of chocolate or my bath water being too hot that made me think they would just get it, but the few responses weren't quite what I was expecting.

I got some smiley faces and a reciprocal message, a laughing face and a reciprocal message and then, I got a missed call from a number that I didn't recognise. I phoned it back to hear the voice of my friend, Kerry.
Kerry's phone had been stolen a while ago and although she had managed to have her number reinstated, she didn't have all the numbers she had had.

It turned out that she had used her brother's phone to phone me to find out which nutter had sent her this weird and random message. It was somewhat entertaining.

I think the people who didn't reply thought I was drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment